One of variants of struggle with error. Just say I it didn't work and all my fight in the end departed to the fact that I just rolled the system back. The benefit was a possibility, but I honestly tried a lot of ways. But since everything I've done,I've done remotely, you can't use "extreme" methods like editing the registry and so on.
So let's start from what actually appears in the error 800b0100
In my case, when installing the updates an error occurred 800b0100 due to the installation of pre-pack(KB976902) for Windows 7 before installing SP1. It was short, but it is needlemen. So just go and delete it will not work, it is necessary to invent something to invent. Of course it is better not to put. The benefit of MS it is no longer available.
One of the ways to fix error 800b0100 is to register the DLL by running the following command in the console with Administrator privileges.
regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s
Then reboot system and try again. I tried rebooting and no I have not worked, then I found out that the blame for the same auxiliary update KB976902. Moreover, when you install SP1, this service pack is placed.